Please read these Terms & Conditions carefully before using this website. By using this website, you signify your agreement with these Terms & Conditions. If you do not agree with any of these Terms & Conditions, do not use this website. The Nova Scotia Liquor Corporation (the NSLC) reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, alter or otherwise update these Terms & Conditions at any time and you agree to be bound by such modifications, alterations or updates when they are posted on this website.
Prices and product availability are subject to change without notice.
Trade Marks, Copyrights and Restrictions
(1) This website is controlled and operated by the NSLC. All material on this website, including, but not limited to images, illustrations, audio clips and video clips, is protected by copyrights and trade-marks which are owned and controlled by the NSLC or by other parties that have licensed their material to the NSLC. The NSLC may make changes to the materials contained on this website at any time without notice.
(2) You do not acquire ownership rights to any content distributed through this website. The viewing or downloading of any content from this shall be solely for your own personal use for non-commercial purposes but no modification or further reproduction of the content is permitted. Material from this website may not be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted or distributed in any way. Modification of the materials or use of the materials for any other purpose is a violation of the copyrights and other proprietary rights and the use of any such material on any other website or networked computer environment is prohibited.
Privacy & Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act
(1) The NSLC is committed to protecting your privacy. The NSLC is a crown corporation and is subject to the provisions of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act which governs the collection, use and disclosure of personal information (information about you as an identifiable individual including your name, an identifying number such as your driver's license number, your birth date, your email address, or your credit card information) and access to your personal information.
(2) As a general policy, no personal information is automatically collected from visitors to this website. However, certain non-personal information of visitors is recorded by the standard operation of the NSLC’s servers. This information is primarily used to provide an enhanced online experience for the visitor. Information tracked includes the type of browser being used by the visitor, the type of operating system in use by the visitor and the domain name of the visitor’s Internet service provider. By having this information, web pages optimized for a particular visitor’s computer are automatically available to that visitor. Other uses of this information include internal review of the number of visitors to this site but only in an aggregate and non-personally identifiable form.
(3) When you access this website we place a ‘cookie’ in the browser files of your computer. A cookie is a small file stored on your computer by your web browser to facilitate the use of this website. The cookie itself does not contain any personally identifying information (see Cookie Notification for additional details).
(4) E-mail addresses and other personal information about visitors to this website are known to the NSLC only when voluntarily submitted.
(5) The NSLC uses the personal information it collects used only for the purpose for which it was collected or for a compatible purpose and only in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. Examples of the purposes for which the NSLC collects personal information include: the administration of the NSLC’s online communities, such as the Finds Community, an online community operated by the NSLC and available through this website (the Finds Community); the communication of information and offers to members of the Finds Community (the Members); to understand and analyze the responses, needs and preferences of Members; to develop, enhance, market and/or provide products and services to meet those needs; and to enable the Members to participate in promotions and contests offered by the NSLC from time to time.
Personal information that may be collected by the NSLC is not sold or otherwise transferred outside the NSLC. If you have any questions or concerns about the NSLC’s privacy policies and practices, please contact Jennifer Gray, NSLC’s Senior Manager, Communications by emailing Jennifer.Gray@myNSLC.com.
The NSLC may communicate directly with the Members. Such communications may contain a variety of information, including advertising, event information, marketing and research inquiries.
Below is a list of the persistent cookies that www.myNSLCevents.com uses, what information they hold, and their purpose. For general information on what cookies are, and how to control them on your computer, see the Cookies Information page.
Multiple cookies may be found in a single file depending on which browser you use:
_utma A cookie for Google Analytics which identifies unique visitors.
_utmb A session cookie for Google Analytics which only identifies the session.
_utmz A cookie for Google Analytics which identifies the tracking traffic sources and navigation.
Drupal.tableDrag.showWeightThis cookie is used by tabbed navigation in Drupal to handle navigation in different browsers.
SESS ID# This cookie handles application forms and a user's choices within a website. It is set when a form is saved or submitted.
ctools-collapsible-state This cookie is used to keep expanded tabs open or closed depending on the user's choice.
Hsfirstvisit This cookie is used to show a welcome page on a user's first visit to the website.
Hubspotutk This cookie is used to give a user a user token that can be later used to save choices a user made even without registering.
(1) THE MATERIALS AND SERVICES ON THIS WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW, THE NSLC DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE NSLC DOES NOT WARRANT THAT ACCESS TO THE MATERIALSAND SERVICES ON THIS WEBSITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THIS SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. THE NSLC DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OR THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF THE MATERIALS OR SERVICES ON THIS SITE IN TERMS OF THEIR CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY OR OTHERWISE. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
(2) THE MATERIAL THAT YOU READ IN THIS WEBSITE IS PROVIDED SOLELY FOR INFORMATION PURPOSES. THE FACTS AND DATA PROVIDED ARE BELIEVED TO BE RELIABLE WHEN POSTED. THE NSLC CANNOT GUARANTEE THAT THEY ARE ACCURATE OR COMPLETE OR THAT THEY WILL BE CURRENT AT ALL TIMES.
(3) NEITHER THE NSLC NOR ITS AFFILIATED OR RELATED ENTITIES OR ITS CONTENT PROVIDERS ARE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE TO YOU OR TO ANY PERSON OR ENTITY WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, PERSONS WHO MAY USE OR RELY ON ANY DATA/MATERIALS AVAILABLE FROM THIS SITE OR TO WHOM SUCH DATA/MATERIALS MAY BE FURNISHED) FOR ANY LOSS, DAMAGE (WHETHER ACTUAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE OR OTHERWISE), INJURY, CLAIM, LIABILITY OR OTHER CAUSE OF ANY KIND OR CHARACTER WHATSOEVER BASED ON OR RESULTING FROM ANY INFORMATION OR SERVICES PROVIDED IN THIS WEBSITE.
The NSLC, whether or not affiliated with sites which may be linked to this website (the linked sites), has not reviewed all of the linked sites. The NSLC is not responsible for the content of any linked sites, the linked sites are for your convenience only and you access and use them at your own risk. The linked sites are not under the NSLC’s control, and the NSLC does not assume any responsibility or liability for any communication or materials available at the linked sites. The linked sites are provided solely as a convenience and NSLC does not necessarily endorse the content or practices of such linked sites, including any information or materials contained on such linked sites.
(1) Unless otherwise specified, the materials in this website are presented solely for the purpose of providing information to users of the website. This website is controlled and operated by the NSLC from its offices within the Province of Nova Scotia. The NSLC makes no representation that materials in this site are appropriate or available for use in other locations. Those who choose to access this website from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
(2) These Terms & Conditions shall be governed by, construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the Province of Nova Scotia, as it is applied to agreements entered into and to be performed entirely within such province. Any action you, any third party or the NSLC bring to enforce these Terms & Conditions or, in connection with, any matters related to this site shall be brought only in the courts of the Province of Nova Scotia, and you expressly consent to the jurisdiction of the courts of the Province of Nova Scotia.
(3) If any provision of these Terms & Conditions shall be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from these Terms & Conditions and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
(4) This is the entire agreement between the parties relating to the matters contained herein and shall not be modified except in writing, signed by the NSLC.
Legal Age to Purchase Alcohol in Nova Scotia
The NSLC is a responsible retailer that abides by the provisions outlined in the Liquor Control Act (LCA) that specifies that all customers purchasing beverage alcohol in Nova Scotia must be 19 years of age. The NSLC operates an identification verification program called We ID where all customers that appear to be less than 30 years of age will be challenged for valid identification. This same rigor will be applied to all Port of Wines Festival Purchases and store pick-up purchases. To purchase products listed on myNSLCevents.com, customers must be 19 years of age. Buyers must be prepared to present valid identification when the purchase is picked-up at any NSLC store. The merchandise can only be picked up by the buyer even though the purchase was paid for previously. Please be advised that upon pick-up of a Port of Wines Festival product store delivery, the identity of the buyer and age will be verified by an NSLC employee.
Acceptable forms of identification to make a purchase in NSLC stores are:
Nova Scotia driver's license
Canadian Permanent Resident Card
Out of Province Health Card
Provincial ID Card
Secure Certificate of Indian Status
Canadian Citizen Certificate
The prices indicated on myNSLCevents.com include applicable sales tax and are the same as the prices in NSLC retail stores. The NSLC reserves the right to adjust prices as required at any time and is not required to give customers advance notice. All prices listed on myNSLCevents.com are in Canadian dollars and include all applicable taxes. Air Miles offers are separate from pricing*.
* To earn 5X your base reward miles on purchases made at the Port of Wines Festival Store on September 25 – September 27, 2014, you must provide your AIR MILES® Collector Number on the registration or profile screen of myNSLCevents.com by 11:59 PM AST on September 28, 2014 in order to qualify. Your AIR MILES® Collector Number will only be used to post the reward miles you earn to your AIR MILES® Account. Offer only valid on purchases made at the Port of Wines Festival Store located in the Cunard Centre during the Festival dates. Only Port of Wines Festival tickets holders are permitted to make purchases at the Port of Wines Festival Store. Offer applies to the total base reward miles earned at a rate of 1 reward mile for every $30 spent, after all discounts and exclusions are applied. AIR MILES® Collector Card or Collector Card Number must be presented at time of purchase. Exclusions include but are not limited to: all taxes, bottle and container deposits, all gift cards, event tickets, environmental and other third party fees. NSLC reserves the right to change or cancel the offer at any time. Other exclusions may apply. See store for details. ®™ Trademarks of AIR MILES International Trading B.V. Used under license by LoyaltyOne, Co. and the NSLC.
The NSLC does not guarantee the availability of all products listed on myNSLCevents.com for purchase at the Port of Wines Festival Event Store. Some products are limited quantity only and will be sold on a first-come first-serve basis.
All purchases made at the Port of Wines Festival Event Store may be delivered by the NSLC to a designated NSLC store chosen by the buyer in the Province of Nova Scotia only. Agency stores are excluded.
NSLC Refund Policy
Any product that is purchased at the Port of Wines Festival Event Store can be returned to any NSLC retail store within thirty (30) days of purchase as long as it is unopened, in saleable condition, and accompanied by the original sales receipt. The sales amount will be refunded in the same tender of the original purchase.
Returns without a receipt can only be processed as an exchange for a product of equal value, or greater value if the difference in price is paid in full.
Incomplete Order or Missing Product
If your order is incomplete, please contact the NSLC’s Retail Service Centre toll free by calling (1-877-247-6752) and a member of the team will investigate.
Defective or Broken Product
Defective or broken product may be returned to any NSLC store for full exchange or refund and does not require a receipt. All customers returning defective or broken product must be willing to provide name, address and telephone number to the NSLC store representative.
Any content posted on myNSLCevents.com is subject to modification at any time without notice. The NSLC reserves the right to modify prices, delivery rates, delivery schedules, and products available for online purchase at any time.
About the NSLC
The myNSLCevents.com website is operated by the NSLC. The sales conditions outlined above act as a contract between the customer and the NSLC. Sales conditions outlined can be modified and updated by the NSLC at any time.”